For most courses, a one-time, four-month extension of the original end date can be purchased at cost of $110. Extensions must be purchased before the course expires.
Extension fees are nonrefundable.
Contact the ISI office or submit a course extension request online.
If extenuating circumstances make it impossible for a student to complete an ISI course by the end of 16 months of enrollment, the student may be eligible for an exception to the one extension policy. Extenuating circumstances include serious illness or injury or death of a family member.
For an additional extension, the student must meet each of the following conditions. The student must have:
- contacted the ISI office within three weeks of the onset of the extenuating circumstance,
- made consistent progress in the course throughout the period of enrollment,
- completed 80 percent or more of the course work which includes all assignments and exams,
- maintained a passing grade as based on the requirements of the course sponsoring institution, and
- provided supporting documentation when requested.
If the student meets all of the conditions above, an extension may be assigned upon agreement of the ISI office and the student. The ISI office will provide the student with a letter that stipulates the assignment(s) required to finish the course and the allowable time period. The student must provide written acceptance of the contract. No student will be allowed more than three months to complete the required assignment(s).